You’re back from abroad and ready to relaunch your career. Congratulations! No doubt part of your plan is to set up informational interviews and talk to friends, professors, mentors, and colleagues for support and advice.
Before you reach out to your network, listen to my conversation with Brooke Roberts of Inside Study Abroad and Yoga Travel Tree! In this episode, we talk about how to ask for what you want in a way that nearly guarantees you’ll get the positive response you’re looking for.
A few things we talk about…
- The piece of standard career advice you should NOT follow
- How to contact someone who seems out of reach
- How to make it easy to say yes to your request
- How to set yourself apart from others who are trying to contact someone
- How to ask better questions
- Lots more tips and tricks that will get your emails noticed and questions answered!
Brooke Roberts is the founder and CEO of Yoga Travel Tree, a smart and sassy online hub for all things yoga, adventure retreats, and yoga teacher trainings. From a decade long career in the youth and adventure travel industry, Brooke created InsideStudyAbroad.com, a resource for anyone wanting no-nonsense information and advice about the study abroad world. Connect with Brooke on Instagram and Twitter as @TheNewDorothy and check out her blog where she chronicles the triumphs and tribulations of a start-up life.
P.S. Thinking about grad school? Read my review of Brooke’s Grad School Guide for International Education and Youth Travel!