Hey, Forward Launchers!
In today’s episode, I share my my re-entry story and what led to starting SPS.
My first re-entry happened when I was 17 and returned home from living and going to high school in Germany.
I really struggled to transition back to life at home and cope with missing my life abroad, relationship challenges, and the post travel blues I was feeling.
Throughout university, graduate school, and in my career I was able to return to Germany several times to live, work, and travel, as well as work and travel in many other countries on four continents. During that time I did a lot of thinking about what my experiences abroad and in re-entry could teach me, both about myself and what I wanted my life to be like.
So, I combined what I’d learned from my education, research, and personal experiences to create a new approach to navigating re-entry with more insight, meaning, and ease — and that eventually became the Re-Entry Roadmap and SPS!
Get Our FREE Re-entry Guide!
In This Episode I Share…
- The major difficulties I experienced in re-entry
- What I missed the most about life abroad, both small things and bigger themes
- Common responses to re-entry and repatriation that I rebelled against
- Why I found attending re-entry workshops was ultimately not so productive
- The psychological and education concepts I applied from my research on post travel blues, reverse culture shock, and repatriation and work with returnees
Resources & Links
- Join the Facebook group!
- Are you a returnee? These resources may be helpful
- Do you work with returnees? Find more resources here
- Learn more about Small Planet Studio
- Check out the Small Planet Studio Blog
- Get the Re-entry Roadmap Workbook
If you enjoyed this episode, you may also be interested in: