This was originally published on Nov. 15, 2013. I’m reposting is today because I’ve updated the content and added a video. Enjoy!
Re-entry isn’t about simply re-adjusting to being back home after you’ve had an amazing experience abroad. Rather, it’s about relaunching yourself into your next global adventure and creating a global life you love at home and abroad.
I believe re-entry is…
- A state of mind.
- An opportunity for significant learning, growth, and action.
- Something we need to talk about more, not less.
- An experience that lasts a lifetime.
- A pivotal time in your abroad journey that is made better by being part of a supportive group of people who “get” you. (Good thing you found SPS! ;-))
- Unique to each person who experiences it.
- A valuable opportunity for learning and growth that shouldn’t be ignored or wasted.
- An on-going, life-long process that can be experienced differently every time you go “home.”
- Is about putting what you learned abroad into practice and creating a global life that best suits you.
- A gift. But you have to unwrap it. (My Re-Entry Reality: Your Guide to Relaunching Yourself After Being Abroad workbook can help. Download it free (for a limited time) here.)
Let’s Talk About Relationships + Re-Entry
Join me January 26-30, 2015 for the Living Your Ideal Global Life Summit! On Thursday, January 29th Carrie Herrera Niesen and I are talking with my co-host, Sabrina Ziegler, about navigating relationships in re-entry. I hope you’ll join the conversation! Sign up for our free event here.