Join the “My Global Life” Link-Up!
Here’s what you do:
- Stop by SPS next Friday, December 13 and add your globally-themed blog post to the Link-Up.
- In your blog post, link back to SPS.
- Check out a couple linked-up blog posts that catch your eye. Even better: “like”, tweet, and comment on their post.
Why am I hosting a blog link-up?
A couple reasons. First, I’ve found lots of link-ups for crafters, DIY-ers, and food bloggers but nothing for us travelers, expats, and international educators (have you found any?). So I decided to host the link-up I was searching for.
Second, I’d like to bring together the many insightful bloggers I’ve been finding and meeting online. I want to connect you to all of them.
Third, I loved reading everyone’s blog posts during the November Mini Blog Challenge (and I got great feedback from participants), so I want to keep collaborating and sharing in that way.
What’s the link-up theme? For this link-up I’m keeping the theme very open – anything “global” is welcome. In the future I’ll probably have a more specific topic for each link-up.
(I’m thinking about hosting either a monthly, bi-weekly or weekly link-up. If you have thoughts about monthly vs. bi-weekly vs. weekly or potential themes —– let me know!)
Why should you link up a blog post?
There are so many reasons! Not only will you get more traffic to your website, you’ll have more people reading what you write. You’ll find more great people to follow on social media, which can lead to more off-line contacts. It’s a wonderful thing to meet someone online and then run into them at a conference or find out they live in a city you’re visiting.
Another reason to join is that I’ll include some of the linked-up posts in my social media, Saturday Stories, newsletter, etc. That means even more eyes on your blog posts.
Here are a few guidelines for next week’s Link-Up:
- Only link up blog posts. Do not link up a social media profile. No promoting products, events, etc.
- “Globally-themed blog post” = travel, study abroad, language learning, expat life, studying/working/volunteering abroad, re-entry, culture, intercultural communication, international education…you get the idea!
- You’re welcome to link up two blog posts. They can be recent posts, older posts, doesn’t matter.
- Link back to this website in your blog post. A text link it just fine.
- Don’t link and run. 😉 The more you visit, “like”, tweet, and comment on other’s posts the more eyes you’ll get on yours.
Are you in? Great! I can’t wait to read your blog posts next week. In the meantime, can you help me spread the word about the Link-Up? Thanks!
Will I see you at the #MyGlobalLife Link-Up on 12/13/13? I hope so! Details here: http://ow.ly/rw3oJ
Also…mark your calendars!
If you like meeting new people and sharing ideas, tips, and resources, you’ll enjoy our upcoming Twitter chat on Thursday, December 19th at 1pm EST.