Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit
Do you work with study abroad students?
Do you want your student returnees to go beyond the typical “study abroad was amazing!” response when they return to campus?
Would proven re-entry materials that you can easily integrate into your current re-entry programming save you time and make your work easier?
The Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit is just what you need!
I created the Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit after hearing global educator after global educator tell me that they loved my Re-entry Roadmap creative workbook, and while it’s a perfect fit for small groups, their budget just doesn’t allow for buying a copy for each of their hundreds (or thousands) of students.
I totally get it – I used to work as a global education program manager in higher ed. So, I created a Toolkit based on the Re-entry Roadmap workbook activities that have been highly successful with university students!
The Toolkit includes:
- Student Workbook (35 pages, PDF) with 10 creative, reflective, unique activities from my popular Re-entry Roadmap workbook
- Facilitator’s Guide (PDF) with tips for each activity, plus additional suggestions for strengthening your overall re-entry programming
- 3 Short Videos that illustrate 3 key re-entry concepts (e.g., the “re-entry backpack”, re-entry as a rest area)
- A Slide Deck illustrating key re-entry concepts that you can drop into your own PowerPoint
- Webinar Replay of Re-thinking Re-entry After Study Abroad (30-minutes)
- Bonus #1 >> My Global Heart activity
- Bonus #2 >> 10 inspiring illustrated re-entry quotes and reflection questions to use in your social media
Why Use the Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit?
Re-entry is a challenge for many student returnees, but with the right approach, re-entry can be a time of significant personal growth. The Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit helps you easily facilitate that growth in your students.
- Use the activities in the student workbook with as many students at your institution as you’d like.
- Activities can be used in sequence or individually.
- Integrate activities into your existing re-entry programming or simply email the workbook to students to complete on their own.
- Draw on the suggestions in the Facilitator’s Guide to enhance your overall re-entry programming.
- Having ready-to-go activities at your fingertips saves you time and hassle.
- All materials are digital, so you can easily incorporate them into both existing online and face-to-face programming.
- Toolkit activities have been highly successful with study abroad student returnees.
“The [re-entry activities] allowed me to explore feelings I did not know I had after returning from abroad.
It has given me more confidence to explore and acknowledge my feeling of being stagnant, “bored” in my home country, and anxious for the next adventure.” – Brianna Huff
As one global educator expressed to me, global educators owe it to students to help them intentionally and deeply process and learn from their study (or volunteer, service, intern, etc) abroad experience.
Doing so also makes your students more aware and articulate ambassadors for your study abroad program and university.
You put so much effort into helping your students go abroad, and then succeed abroad. The Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit makes it easy for you to help them succeed in re-entry, too!
About the Author
Hi, I’m Dr. Cate Brubaker, founder of Small Planet Studio, LLC, and author of the Re-entry Roadmap creative workbook and the Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit.
My entire career has been focused on helping people successfully navigate international transitions. I’ve worked with study abroad students at Indiana University, Michigan State University, the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and in three locations in Germany, and educators all over the world.
In addition to my coaching and consulting work, I’ve also conducted research on study abroad and written articles on re-entry (one was just published in Die Unterrichtspraxis/Teaching German journal).
I created the Study Abroad Re-entry Toolkit because I know how many global educators seek to support their students through the crucial re-entry transition but are constrained by time and budget. I hope you enjoy using the activities in the Toolkit with your students as much as I have with mine!
Get instant access to all of the Toolkit materials. If you’d prefer to pay by check, please contact me here!