Do you feel like your experiences abroad have forever changed you?
Maybe you’re seeing your own country and culture with new eyes and are rethinking long-held beliefs and ways of life.
Maybe you feel like your friends and family just don’t get the “new” you.
And you can’t stop daydreaming about new places to explore, people to meet, languages to learn, and cultures to understand.
I get it!
I’ve been where you are right now.
Rest assured that what you’re going through is completely normal.
You know you don’t want to simply go back to what you were doing before you went abroad. And you know you want to infuse more global into you your life and career.
The problem? You don’t know where or how to start.
This is where Re-Entry Reality: Your Guide to Relaunching Yourself After Being Abroad comes in.
This guide brings together a number of resources and people to help you realize you aren’t alone and you aren’t crazy!
-Nathan Agin, NonstopAwesomeness.me
Would you like to…
- Bring global experiences into your everyday life?
- Create a rich and satisfying global career?
- Have friends and loved want to hear your stories from abroad?
- Connect with other people enjoying global lives?
- Go abroad again?
- Harness your life-changing experiences to fuel your personal growth?
- Create a more vibrant, exciting and meaningful global life?
You see, going abroad forever changes you, but it’s only the catalyst.
Re-entry is where the real transformation takes place.
Re-entry is more than reverse culture shock. It’s more than those first few days or weeks after returning home. It’s more than realizing that your friends and family don’t actually want to see all of your photos.
Re-entry is your opportunity to create a meaningful, satisfying, and sustainable global life.
Re-Entry Reality: Your Guide to Re-Launching Yourself After Being Abroad takes you through the re-entry journey step-by-step from coming home to relaunching yourself into your next global adventure.
Explore the different opportunities for your life, travel and career, then apply the practical actions that will relaunch you into the global life of your dreams.
You’ll never look back, except to enjoy and share your memories.
-Mandy Reinig, Director of Intl Ed, St. Mary’s College of MD & Owner, MandysMashups.com
Re-Entry Reality is especially useful for:
- Returning Fulbright, JET, Peace Corps, and other int’l teachers, assistants and volunteers
- Students who have studied, worked or interned abroad
- Long-term travelers
- Family and friends of students, expats, and travelers who want to provide support and understanding during the re-entry experience (it makes a great gift!)
- Teachers, guidance and career councilors, and study abroad professionals
-Luz Garcia-Pennock, www.happilyworking.com
Each section is ripe with advice from a diverse group of travelers to help you plan your next big adventures (whether locally or internationally).
– Michelle L. Solorio, Global Education Office, Vanderbilt University
Whether you need relaunching, or just want to reflect on the million and one ways your travel experience has changed you, Cate’s Re-Entry Reality is for you.
– Regina Higgins, Ph.D., Outreach Director, Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies
Why listen to me?
I know what it’s like to come home after living and traveling abroad and feel misunderstood, bored, and out of sync with friends and family. And I’ve spent 20 years working with students, expats, and travelers in transition. I understand re-entry from a personal and professional perspective, and I’ve learned how to make that crucial time a positive experience. Most importantly, I’m living a global life I love! Now, it’s your turn.